Cambridgeshire Hearing Help
April 2021: CHH Hearing Aid Maintenance (HAM) Centres open for appointments.
If you are an NHS hearing aid user, or relative, friend or carer of an NHS hearing aid user, Cambridgeshire Hearing Help is pleased to announce the limited re-opening of its hearing aid re-tubing service. If your HEARING AID NEEDS CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE, we have launched a 'drop-off and pick-up 10 minutes later' service at nine HAM Centres located in Soham, Ely, Cambourne, Girton, St Ives, Chatteris, Fulbourn and Great Shelford.
To comply with the social distancing regulations and Covid-19 risk assessments our re-tubing process will take longer and therefore our sessions will be by appointment only. Because of these precautions we are only able to offer a 'drop-off and pick-up 10 minutes later' service at present. We ask that your hearing aids are handed to us in a sealed envelope labelled with your Name, Date of Birth, Postcode and contact phone number.
Our HAM Centres operate between 10:30am and 3:30pm as follows:
- Soham: 1st Monday of the month at Soham Library, 5/7 Clay Street, Soham CB7 5HJ.
- Ely Library: 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at Ely Library, 6 The Cloisters, Ely CB7 4ZH.
- Ely Methodist Church 4th Tuesday of the month at Methodist Church Hall, Chapel Street, Ely CB6 1AD.
- Cambourne: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at Lower Cambourne Cricket Pavilion, Woodfield Lane, Lower Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6FB. (Please note this change of address)
- St Ives: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the monthat St Ives Library, 4 Library Row, Station Road, St Ives PE27 5BW.
- Girton: 3rd Wednesday of the month at the Baptist Church, 103 High Street, Girton, Cambridge CB3 0QQ.
- Fulbourn: 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at The Swifts Meeting Room and Library, Haggis Gap, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5HD.
- Great Shelford:1st Thursday of the month at Great Shelford Free Church, Ashen Green, Great Shelford, CB22 5EY.
- Chatteris: 2nd Friday of the month at Chatteris Library, 2 Furrowfields Road, Chatteris, PE16 6PT.If you are unable to get to any of our Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres please contact your original provider: your hospital audiology department or Specsavers.
We CONTINUE TO PROVIDE BATTERIES BY POST. Please telephone us on 01223 416141 or email email@example.com. We will need to know what SIZE batteries you require. This will be either size 13 Orange, size 312 Brown or size 675 Blue.
You can also pick-up batteries from the Cambridgeshire Mobile Library, which visits 85 villages and communities throughout the county: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further locations for Hearing Aid Maintenance Centres will be posted as they become available.
Posted: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 14:09 by Amanda Jerrom