Ramsey Town Council

Serving the people of Ramsey

Council Offices

Town Clerk: Mr Gary Cook
Ramsey Abbey Estate Offices, 7
Church Green, Ramsey
Cambridgeshire PE26 1DW

Tel: 01487 814957

Ramsey Town Council provides your local services, by clicking on the following link you can find out who does what and go directly to the Town Council, District Council and County Council websites. your local services. At Ramsey Town Council we strive to make Ramsey a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.








In view of the current spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) and the concern it is causing within the Community I would like to reassure the public that Ramsey Town Council is taking all the necessary precautions we can. As we are a small office with few staff, the plan, at the moment, is to keep the Council Office open. May I request however, that should you need to contact the office you do so via phone: 01487 814957 or email: ramseytc@ramseytowncouncil.org.uk

Please look out for your neighbours and the vulnerable within our Community. By working together we can defeat this virus.

Keep safe

Gary Cook

Town Clerk & RFO

Latest News

New Digital Technology Grant Scheme

New digital technology grant scheme set to inject upwards of £1.4million to sustain local businesses

A new, locally developed grant scheme to support the growth and resilience of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough has launched this week. More »

The Digital Technology Grants for Business scheme aims to increase the number of local SMEs making productive use of digital technologies to boost their business - by helping them to invest in digital equipment, systems and support.

Connecting Cambridgeshire has secured just over £1million funding from the European Regional Development Fund and Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority to run the scheme from February 2021 until the end of August 2021.

SMEs in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough with plans or ideas to grow, improve or sustain their business using digital technology can now apply for a grant of between £2,000 and £10,000 to cover up to 80% of their total project costs.

The combined grant and match funding from SMEs to aid improvements in information and communications technology for eligible businesses is expected to inject upwards of £1.4million into the local economy.

Evidence suggests that SMEs with a strong online presence on average grow more than twice as quickly as those with minimal or no presence, export twice as much, and create twice as many jobs[1]. In addition, a survey of 1,000 UK-based businesses found digital capabilities helped boost revenues by 4.4% and reduce costs by 4.3%[2].

Eligible SMEs will be able to use grants to support the introduction or development of digital technologies to help them adapt their operations and secure opportunities in the current, more challenging trading environments.

The scheme will support a wide range of businesses who want to develop more sustainable business practices, including remote working and more efficient business models using digital technology.

For example, businesses needing better IT systems or equipment to support staff to work remotely could use the grant towards this to help their business continue to grow or diversify. Businesses looking to develop their on-line presence can submit projects that include consultancy services, equipment and training to develop their skills.

Businesses can find full details of the Digital Technology Grants for Business scheme on the Connecting Cambridgeshire website https://www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk/digitalgrants. They will then need to complete an expression of interest form to confirm their eligibility before applying. » Less

Posted: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 12:56 by Amanda Jerrom

Laptops for Children Initiative - Can you help?

We have now launched our Laptops for Children initiative.

In partnership, Cambridgeshire County Council, Peterborough City Council, Cambridge 2030, the Cambs Youth Panel, Cambridge Digital Partnership and Cambridgeshire Culture Foundation have launched the campaign to encourage businesses and residents to donate spare laptops and/or make a financial contribution to purchase new equipment to support young people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough who do not have access to a computer or the internet at home. More »

During the coronavirus pandemic, many young people were able to keep up with online lessons and schoolwork at home. However, there are many far less fortunate. Despite government investment, a survey of schools in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough has identified around 8,000 pupils who still lack suitable equipment or internet access at home, meaning they are unable to benefit from online resources, support from teachers, or even interact with classmates.

Our target is to secure sufficient funding and resources to ensure that every child and young person in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough has both the equipment and access to broadband that they need to maintain continuity of their learning and education in their homes.

There are two ways businesses and residents can help us make a difference:

Laptop donations

We are working with Libraries in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to allow residents and businesses to drop their unwanted laptop(s) off at their local library - a list of locations can be found below:

Cambridgeshire: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/libraries-leisure-culture/libraries/visit-a-library

Peterborough: https://vivacity-peterborough.com/libraries-archives/your-local-library/

After laptops are donated, they will be delivered to the Cambs Youth Panel where all data will be securely wiped from them in line with the guidance provided by the National Cyber Security Centre before they are repurposed ready for a child or young person to use.

If donors would like their laptop to go to a named school or a school in a particular area, they should include this information when they leave it at the collection point.

Financial donations

If residents and businesses would like to help in another way, we welcome financial donations to assist us in purchasing refurbished laptops and 4G routers for internet access for Peterborough children and young people. We now have a portal whereby businesses, other public bodies and individuals can make a donation in a fast, secure way. To make a financial donation visit: https://www.gofundme.com/f/cambridgeshire-laptops-for-children

The initiative has been promoted via:

  • CCC/PCC social media channels
  • School/college social media channels
  • Press release (this is a joint release between CCC,PCC, the Youth Panel and Cambridge Digital Partnership, Cambridge 2030)
  • LA dedicated webpages
  • District/Parish councils
  • Volunteer groups and community hubs
  • Staff newsletters and intranets

For enquiries about the appeal please email: LaptopsForChildren@cambridgeshire.gov.uk » Less

Posted: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 10:03 by Amanda Jerrom


County Council looks to tackle flooding head-on with partners

County Councillors are asking local people for issues they had with flooding over the Christmas period to provide information to help a wider partnership meeting next month (February). More »

The flooding incidents over Christmas were an unfortunate end to the year and resulted in disruption and misery to many people across Cambridgeshire.

Cllr Steve Count, Leader at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "I want to commend the community response to the flooding, people certainly pulled together across the county.

"I have asked officers to look at the lessons learnt from these latest floods and share that with all our partners at the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Flood & Water Partnership as soon as possible. We are convening an extraordinary meeting of this group in early February to start collating this information.

"Local members will be asking people for issues they had to deal with to feed into the review, Cllr Gowing and Cllr French have been collating information in March, to ensure completeness and local knowledge alongside my own involvement. I would urge the public to contact their local councillor and report any household or premise flooding incidents in their area."

Over the next week officers will be gathering data on the flooding hotspots, workshops will take place with the district councils, the County Council will carry out a review in the next few weeks before a special meeting with the partnership next month. It is important that we know where flood incidents occurred so we are asking local residents to report them via the links on the council's website here:


Cllr Count added: "We are collating the flooding incidents, contacting partners at other agencies such as the Environment Agency, Internal Drainage Boards, police, fire and district councils, this will allow us to create 'heat maps' of the incidents and identify areas across the county and allow all agencies to work together, share understanding and learn lessons.

"The responsibility for managing and investigating flooding rests with various agencies, but it is important that we co-ordinate responses and share information. I want us to make sure we're capturing the latest round of events from each area and every area impacted, acting as a conduit for information and coordinating action with all partners involved."

» Less

Posted: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 09:52 by Amanda Jerrom